Padre Dates

Go down

Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:51 pm

I know we're all planning on June, but have we settled on what days yet? I guess it's all up to Morrison (the ghost) being his classes have conflicted with us. What is good for everyone?
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Potty Patty on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 pm

I honestly at this time don't have a preference when in June. I thought we were going for late June into maybe early July, but, we can't forget about 4th of July. I'm not looking at a calendar right now though, so, I don't really know what days lead into each other and all that jazz.
avatar
Potty Patty

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Official Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 am

Here they are.. the official dates:

June 23rd - June 28th

We've got a hell of a lot to celebrate this year. I've got the biggest Bob Seger yet!
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Potty Patty on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:06 am

Deep Throat Daisy wrote:Here they are.. the official dates:

June 23rd - June 28th

We've got a hell of a lot to celebrate this year. I've got the biggest Bob Seger yet!

affraid <----That's what she said
avatar
Potty Patty

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Sugarcane on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 am

Hell yes. Things to celebrate. My engagement, my 23rd birthday (June 28th), Morrison will be 21, and casey will be 21.
avatar
Sugarcane

Posts : 45
Join date : 2008-03-02
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Sugarcane wrote:Hell yes. Things to celebrate. My engagement, my 23rd birthday (June 28th), Morrison will be 21, and casey will be 21.
And don't forget.. Derek's first time on the island.
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Potty Patty on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:34 pm

And possibly the first year we'll have Ludwig on the island. Right before I moved I found that one liquor store that had it in stock. afro
avatar
Potty Patty

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Potty Patty wrote:And possibly the first year we'll have Ludwig on the island. Right before I moved I found that one liquor store that had it in stock. afro
So much goodness in so little time. Only us wizards can truly tackle such a delight.
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Flower Mound on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 pm

so I have a proposition, one I believe we should carefully examine and consider. I know we set the padre dates for june. I felt the need to get dates planned like you guys, the reason I waited so long to set dates was because I was working to get the month of may freed up. Today after a really long time that finally went through. So here is my proposition, how does the group feel about changing the padre dates to may? anywhere between the 8th and the 25th, with prime dates of the 19th through the 24? I know a while back we had preliminary discussions about may being perfect. On the account of people's schedules be spaced out better, and its a great way to kick off the summer as such. First and most important it would mean padre come sooner. 2.) the weather would be cooler, we would have warm weather, not hot weather. 3.) padre would come sooner 4.) And finally this is somewhat of a selfish request, the date changes would ease up my summer budget/schedule.

Lets discuss, I should no by means be the changing factor, but if we all agree that there would be no problem moving it to may then we should go for it!
avatar
Flower Mound

Posts : 9
Join date : 2008-03-14
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Sugarcane on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:34 am

I'm fine with that, padre sooner is a positive.
avatar
Sugarcane

Posts : 45
Join date : 2008-03-02
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Flower Mound wrote:so I have a proposition, one I believe we should carefully examine and consider. I know we set the padre dates for june. I felt the need to get dates planned like you guys, the reason I waited so long to set dates was because I was working to get the month of may freed up. Today after a really long time that finally went through. So here is my proposition, how does the group feel about changing the padre dates to may? anywhere between the 8th and the 25th, with prime dates of the 19th through the 24? I know a while back we had preliminary discussions about may being perfect. On the account of people's schedules be spaced out better, and its a great way to kick off the summer as such. First and most important it would mean padre come sooner. 2.) the weather would be cooler, we would have warm weather, not hot weather. 3.) padre would come sooner 4.) And finally this is somewhat of a selfish request, the date changes would ease up my summer budget/schedule.

Lets discuss, I should no by means be the changing factor, but if we all agree that there would be no problem moving it to may then we should go for it!
So far with this, only two problems pop up for me:

1. Money - I'm working two jobs, but only getting paid for one. I'm almost certain I'll be ok by then, but it has me a little nervous.
2. Grandparents - My Dad and I are supposed to go down and get my grandparents in May in Zapata, Texas (practically on the border). Not sure when exactly, but this might be a problem.

I'll keep everyone posted.
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Smoothy on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:25 pm

May could definitely work for me. The only thing I would have to do is get off work and that is not a problem since I have hella vacation time saved up.

One reason why I'm liking the idea of going in may is because I'm currently trying to find a new job somewhere in Tulsa and get moved out. I was a little hesitant about going in June/July because I was planning on having a new job by then and I don't like the idea of taking time off so early into a new job. Plus the expense of moving out makes me feel a little unsure about my finances for that timeframe and would most likely cause me to postpone moving out 'til after Padre.

Either way, I WILL be attending Padre '08. I just think May would work out a little smoother for me, Smoothy.

P.S. Am I retarded and Smoothy should be spelled with an ie instead of a Y?
avatar
Smoothy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2008-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Smoothy wrote:May could definitely work for me. The only thing I would have to do is get off work and that is not a problem since I have hella vacation time saved up.

One reason why I'm liking the idea of going in may is because I'm currently trying to find a new job somewhere in Tulsa and get moved out. I was a little hesitant about going in June/July because I was planning on having a new job by then and I don't like the idea of taking time off so early into a new job. Plus the expense of moving out makes me feel a little unsure about my finances for that timeframe and would most likely cause me to postpone moving out 'til after Padre.

Either way, I WILL be attending Padre '08. I just think May would work out a little smoother for me, Smoothy.

P.S. Am I retarded and Smoothy should be spelled with an ie instead of a Y?
Haha, well.. "smoothie" would be spelled that way, I believe. But since these are prison names, I don't fully expect them to be spelled perfectly. Would you like me to change it to "Smoothie"? Or leave it as "Smoothy"?

Also, if we're going to change it to May, I say we have a Padre Conference Call sometime soon (maybe after Daniel gets back from Hawaii) that way we can figure all our shit out.
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Potty Patty on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:01 pm

Deep Throat Daisy wrote:
Smoothy wrote:May could definitely work for me. The only thing I would have to do is get off work and that is not a problem since I have hella vacation time saved up.

One reason why I'm liking the idea of going in may is because I'm currently trying to find a new job somewhere in Tulsa and get moved out. I was a little hesitant about going in June/July because I was planning on having a new job by then and I don't like the idea of taking time off so early into a new job. Plus the expense of moving out makes me feel a little unsure about my finances for that timeframe and would most likely cause me to postpone moving out 'til after Padre.

Either way, I WILL be attending Padre '08. I just think May would work out a little smoother for me, Smoothy.

P.S. Am I retarded and Smoothy should be spelled with an ie instead of a Y?
Haha, well.. "smoothie" would be spelled that way, I believe. But since these are prison names, I don't fully expect them to be spelled perfectly. Would you like me to change it to "Smoothie"? Or leave it as "Smoothy"?

Also, if we're going to change it to May, I say we have a Padre Conference Call sometime soon (maybe after Daniel gets back from Hawaii) that way we can figure all our shit out.

Gross.

And I like "Smoothy" over "Smoothie". cheers
avatar
Potty Patty

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Smoothy on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:47 pm

I could also change it to "Smooth- E" for a more urban, hip-hop sort of feel.
avatar
Smoothy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2008-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NEW PADRE DATES

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:01 am

Alright boys. We've finally got it figured out.

Padre Dates: May 19th - May 24th

As of now, Casey will not be joining us (sadly) and it's still up in the air with Derek & Johnson. That puts me, Morrison, and Daniel as 100%. I'm praying a miracle happens and everyone can go.
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Potty Patty on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:11 am

Then let's put up some prayers for me to get a job. That will be the determining factor for me. I'm glad there's finally concrete dates though.
avatar
Potty Patty

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:23 am

Potty Patty wrote:Then let's put up some prayers for me to get a job. That will be the determining factor for me. I'm glad there's finally concrete dates though.
[prayers activated - faith launching]
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Speedstick on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:33 am

I have both happy and sad news. The happy news is: in light of recent events, God has lined up a job for me to take! Hurray! This means that we don't have to sell our house and the Vonigas family can eat! Hurray! cheers

The sad news is: I have to go 90 days without taking a day off (other than normal Holidays). April 14th - July 14th. Crying or Very sad

I am sorry fellow wizards, but this takes Padre off the table for me. Although I will be there in spirit, I cannot attend in person.
avatar
Speedstick

Posts : 12
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Speedstick on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 am

Potty Patty wrote:Then let's put up some prayers for me to get a job. That will be the determining factor for me. I'm glad there's finally concrete dates though.

I'm lighting candles for you as we speak.
avatar
Speedstick

Posts : 12
Join date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Sugarcane on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:18 pm

FUCK. Glad to hear you got a job
avatar
Sugarcane

Posts : 45
Join date : 2008-03-02
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Deep Throat Daisy on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Sugarcane wrote:FUCK. Glad to hear you got a job
Indeed, Derek. The job is great news, however we're all saddened at another loss in our All-Star Padre Line-Up. Looking forward to seeing the two not going this weekend though.
avatar
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-02-27
Age : 32

View user profile http://northpadrealliance.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Padre Dates

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum